At The Competitiveness Company, we recognize that our greatest strength is in the skills and know-how of the service we provide to our clients. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing our team members with that same high quality level of service we give to our clients.
Please see below for the job opportunities we have available:
Coordinator of Operations
is inviting applications for the job of
Coordinator of Operations
Jamaica Urban Ornamental Fish Cluster
Duration of contract: 8 months, in the first instance
Location: Primarily Kingston Metropolitan Area and St. Catherine
Description of job
The Cluster’s strategic objectives entail the 1) breeding, 2) growing, and 3) exporting of ornamental fish. The Coordinator of Operations will work directly with and under the supervision of the Head of The Competitiveness Company to act as a coordinating link among the 3 facets of the current programme: Production Manager (Growers); Senior Extension Officer – Breeders; Sales and Marketing Manager (Export Facility).
The Consultant’s main objectives will be:
- Improve the management effectiveness of the three operational phases mentioned above by providing coordination, scheduling and strategic oversight.
- Improve and maintain effective and timely communication between the operational phases and TCC and amongst the managers of the three phases.
- Aid in the achievement of the Cluster’s overall strategic objectives of increasing exports to viable levels (minimum 100,000 fish exported each month).
- Aid in the coordination of collections and distributions of fish/fry.
The consultant must satisfy the following criteria in order to be considered suitable for the role:
- Degree in agriculture or some relevant science;
- Science-based approach to the delivery of outcomes;
- Strong technical background in production;
- Experience in a management position of comparable end-to-end production to delivery to customers system;
- Strong analytical abilities to trouble-shoot and solve problems;
- Strong computer skills;
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate others;
- Goal-oriented and commitment to meeting targets;
- Good people and communication skills (written and verbal) to work with farmers and with the team;
- Ability to work with and understudy consultants,
- Strong personal leadership aptitudes.
- Record keeping skills and reporting competence;
- Willingness and aptitude for field work;
- Flexible availability regarding time.
Application deadline: 5 February 2016
Applications accompanied by resumes should be addressed by email to The Competitiveness Company, firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Cluster Facilitator
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.